Washington…a state without dropouts—where every student graduates from high school prepared for post-secondary education, training and work.
Help at-risk youth overcome barriers so they stay in school, graduate and successfully transition to continued education and careers.
- 40 programs serving 1,154 students
- Curriculum to develop competencies that aid in workplace success and career/life transitions
- Individual career planning
- Teach teamwork, volunteerism and leadership
- Provide extra help for academic success
- Support, mentor and develop young adults
- Intensive employer marketing and engagement, work-based learning, placement, and follow-up by Specialists
To catalyze financial and volunteer support to advance the outcomes of Jobs for Washington’s Graduates programs in helping at-risk youth overcome barriers so they stay in school, graduate and successfully transition to continued education and careers.
- Connecting with employers to provide students jobs, internships, training, mentorship, job shadows, and workplace tours
- Conducting fundraising activities to raise funds for:
- Barrier reduction (transportation/bus passes, testing fees, credential fees, ID fees and college tuition scholarships)
- Field trips (college tours, workplace tours, conferences, summer enrichment programs)
- Technology (laptops, desktop computers and iPads)
- Program expansion
- Specialist professional development