The ultimate objective of JAG Model programs is to provide participants (in-school or out-of-school) with classroom and work-based learning experiences that result in a quality job or postsecondary training leading to a career after graduation or completion of a GED.
The goal is to keep participants in high school through graduation during the in-school phase of the program and to improve the rate of success in achieving their education and career goals.
JWG connects its efforts to career and technical education. Through CTE, JWG students get technical, academic and 21st century skills that better prepare them for career and college options. Many CTE courses articulate to college credit while the student is still in high school, and all are linked to industry standards that inform the curricula and give students experience and skills that assist their transition to the workforce and postsecondary education. For example, through the Microsoft IT Academy program, students can gain industry-level certifications in any Microsoft program. To learn more about CTE programs in Washington, visit the Career and Technical Education webpage.
JWG programs were first implemented during the Fall of 2010 at 16 public high schools and skill centers across Washington, serving 614 students. Now in its third year, JWG serves 985 students from 34 school sites including 2 middle schools.
The Jobs for Washington’s Graduates organization is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit created to support, develop and promote JWG sites and programs in Washington.
If you choose to participate in discussion, please follow our posting guidelines:
- We do not allow obscene, graphic, explicit or racial comments or submissions.
- We do not allow comments that are abusive, hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organization.
- We do not allow any solicitations or advertisements or political campaigning.
- We do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any agency, nor do we allow comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
- We do no allow comments that are clearly off topic.
- External links on this site do not constitute official endorsement on behalf of JWG.
- You take personal responsibility for your comments, your username, and any other information provided. You participate at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to remove comments that do not follow the above guidelines.
- We reserve the right to ban users who violate these guidelines.